Wollaston polarizer can be used to output linearly polarized light with high extinction ratio. In order to meet the needs of customers for different wavebands, Wollaston polarizer consists of two pieces of the same kind of negative uniaxial crystal (calcite or quartz) whose optical axis is perpendicular to each other α- BBO) prism (calcite α- BBO are all negative uniaxial crystals, no > ne. Calcite has good transmittance from visible to near infrared, α- BBO has excellent optical performance in the ultraviolet to mid infrared band), and the prisms are spliced by adhesive or photo adhesive process. When the natural light is incident, both o-ray and e-ray are deflected, and the polarization directions of the two beams are perpendicular to each other with the same deflection angle. The separation angle is related to the working wavelength, material and prism wedge angle. CRYLINK also provides a variety of customized services, including customized special size, design wavelength and other indicators. For specific customized requirements, please contact CRYLINK technical support. Please refer to the technical description for relevant precautions. In the process of use, we need to pay attention to:
1) . calcite and α- BBO and BBO are both very sensitive to temperature. Excessive temperature change may lead to cracking. It is necessary to pay attention to the storage and use environment. It is recommended that the user receive the prism and open the package after the material reaches the thermal balance (about 6-8 hours).
2). α- BBO crystal texture is relatively soft, the mirror cleaning action must be light, in and out of the coating surface can be cleaned with solvent and air blowing. Try not to touch the side window, if it must be wiped, only use solvent soaked cotton or untreated tissue paper.
CRYLINK’s Wollaston polarizers are finely processed, and the quality is strictly controlled to ensure to provide customers with high quality products at a reasonable price.
|Material||Calcite, YVO4, Quartz|
|Clear Aperture||Ø 10.0 mm|
|Shell diameter||Ø25.4 mm +0.0/-0.2 mm|
|Surface Quality||20/10（Exit / incidence plane）80/50（side）|
|Structural design||Adhesive / photoresist|
|Beam deflection||＜10 arcsec|
|Damage threshold||5W/cm2 CW，@1064nm|
- Bandwidth covering visible and mid infrared
- When the material is calcite, the cement is used
- The material is α- BBO, using light glue process
- Gluing, suitable for low power laser
- High extinction ratio
- The beam separation angle is 15 ° (@ 1064 nm)
- RoHS compliant